Friday, January 8, 2010

Question for ALA Locals!

Hi lovely people! So, I'm a little vague about the part of Boston ALA is in, and am not having much luck with the ALA website or the MBTA website. You know how when you look up how to get places on the MBTA website, it tells you how to get practically to the *door*, when actually it might, at times, be easier to take the subway to the closest stop and then walk for 10 minutes? So I'm wondering if anyone has a sense of what T stops might be closest to the convention center.

I'll be on the floor on Saturday, I believe, but that will probably be the sum of my involvement. Hope to see some of you there!

2 comments:

Cassandra Mortmain said...

The closest T stop is South Station and walking is definitely doable, but also a little confusing. I've been down to that area a couple of times, to go to concerts at the Bank of America Pavilion, and I've usually just followed people who look like they know where they're going. This is a good strategy with concerts (Decemberists fans are easily spotted) but less promising with a conference where many of the attendees will be coming in from out of town. Ergo, the Silver Line may be less stressful. It's probably what I'm going to do, depending on the weather, and my companion's degree of T enabled-ness.

I'll keep an eye out for you on Saturday to hopefully introduce myself for real. I can hardly wait to get my grubby little paws on all the galleys!!

kristin said...

Thanks, CM -- and you made me laugh. I may have to disagree -- because when I went to ALA Anaheim, the way I found the convention center was by following the librarians with the tote bags! Of course, in the winter, people cover up more, so it's harder to stereotype :D.

I'll look into the silver line, too, and I'll take a closer look at the map. Hope to see you there!